At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
What is Siemens Advanta Consulting
Siemens Advanta Consulting is the global management consultancy of one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. Siemens Advanta Consulting navigates companies through their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations.
About Strategy Consulting
Our Strategy Consulting team develops sustainable business strategies as well as customized concepts and solutions in times of digital change. We support our clients globally in mastering the entrepreneurial and societal challenges of the 21st century. Our expertise ranges from M&A projects to digital transformations and over to strategy planning.
For consulting team members, our projects offer a real impact on strategy, fun teams, and a focus on professional development.
Who you'll work with
Being based in one of our US locations, you will be part of the Siemens Advanta Consulting strategy team. Our team is comprised of about 500 consultants and experts across the globe.
In the US, our team of international and local talent is supporting to shape the future of the American market for Siemens and external clients, advising on growth and innovation, digitalization, M&A, government and society, as well as regional strategies. Join our dynamic, international, and growing team and discover where your talents could take you.
What you'll be doing
Open to Juniors/rising Seniors (Graduating in fall of 2022 or spring of 2023), this internship will last 8 to 12 weeks during your academic summer break. You will support our consulting project teams in building visions, strategies, and implementation plans to help bring digitalization to life at our clients. As a Summer Associate Intern, you will be part of our project teams and support clients by doing the following:
- Support the project managers and consultants in various aspects of our projects including but not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive market and competitor research
- Perform benchmarking and leading practice analyses and derive fact-based areas for improvement
- Create and maintain financial models and business cases for strategic planning
- Assist in the preparation for client workshops and management briefings
- Support business development and go-to-market initiatives
- Contribute to internal people and process improvement initiatives
- Limited travel (up to 20% of your time to domestic locations)
What it takes
- Three years of completed undergraduate studies at a top-ranked university with excellent academic performance prior to the start of the internship (majors and minors in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other applied or natural science disciplines welcome to apply)
- At least one previous internship in consulting, a renowned industrial enterprise, or start-up (ideally with a strategic focus)
- Record of leadership abilities and working collaboratively in academic or extracurricular settings (on or off campus)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English
- Analytical, conceptual, and creative quantitative problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to deal with ambiguity and be challenged across various skillsets and industries
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
What we offer
- An assigned coach and ‘buddy’ will all provide you feedback and support to help you develop desired skills and advance your career
- Frequent mentoring and coaching by experienced consultant who are genuinely interested in your personal growth
We understand this is likely one of your first experiences in the world of business. We want you to succeed at your job by challenging you, teaching you, and supporting you. Be excited to start your career with us, and we are just as excited to welcome you to our team.
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.