Who designs your future? You do.
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships? This is the career for you!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- No-cap commission structure allows you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Extensive Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service and Product portfolios provide opportunities to expand your customer base.
- Fast ramp-up time with our structured sales development program that provides you with a plan for quickly learning about Siemens products, processes, and people.
- Excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision/life, 401K matching program, medical and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts, flexible time off, and vehicle reimbursement program.
- Work life blend and the flexibility to work from home when needed for a better balance to life.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic sales professional for our Building Automation Solutions & Service Sales team. The primary responsibility of this role is to promote Siemens strong market position for delivering smart building technology to help our customers create outstanding experiences for their customers. In this position, you will achieve booking and profit goals by capitalizing on sales opportunities within the territory and applying your knowledge of digital service technologies to existing building challenges.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, competitor offerings, customers, and decision influencers across the region, segments, and verticals within the region. Keep current on automation, electrical, fire, mechanical, and IoT market business and product trends.
- Develop a vertical market and account management plan that focuses on strategic growth. Identify new business opportunities to grow in new markets or adjacent segments and develop “go to market” strategies to drive business to the end user customer and the standard construction channel.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities. Achieve new order/booking and profit goals. Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Partner with other sales division teams to plan, target, and acquire new projects and accounts.
- Attend industry-specific networking events; actively participate in professional organizations such as ASHRAE, AEE or USGBC to build a network of contacts and to represent Siemens in the market.
- Consult with the customer on future technology needs and to determine budgeting and investment requirements.
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers, leveraging Siemens world-class digital service delivery as a key differentiator.
- Act as a consultant to multiple levels of the customer’s organization by understanding their challenges and recommending services to ensure their building systems perform as required to achieve business goals.
- Set pricing based on identified value of the services offered to the customer.
- Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
- Travel overnight up to 10% for training and business development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; a combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Software, IoT, and networking experience a plus
- Experience in the life sciences, healthcare, education, data center, and commercial office vertical markets is a plus
- Financial expertise to estimate and sell technical solutions and service offerings effectively and independently is a plus
- Account development and strategic sales skills is a plus
- Experience selling to end users/owners is a plus
- Demonstrable understanding of how-to market, position, and sell cloud-based, data-driven service programs such as fault detection and diagnostics to existing and new customers preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible, unlimited paid time off plan and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.