Job title: Senior Java Developer
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and authoritative specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- As a development professional, you will be responsible for developing web (MindSphere/on premise) applications, mobile apps for Business partners in the IIoT domain.
- Design, implement and test innovative software solutions - from highly scalable processing of backend production data to cloud-based portal and front-end solutions.
- Work in a diverse and agile team of Product owners, Project managers, architects and developers, practicing agile development methods (e.g., SCRUM).
- Develop technical concepts and specifications based on the analysis of customer processes and requirements.
- Ensure high software code quality and realization of brand-new security & safety requirements edge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaboration with Business partners.
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
- You must have BE / B. Tech / MCA / ME / M. Tech and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of work experience in Software Engineering especially in professional software product development
- Confirmed skills in Java is a must with Spring Boot
- Experience on JPA, ORM (like hibernate/eclipse link), Junit, J2EE, EJB
- Experience in web techniques for developing HTML-based apps, like HTML5, CSS3, Typescript
- Experience in Cordova / Ionic would be added advantage
- Good knowledge of relational databases in SQL / SQLite and any NoSQL databases like Mango DB, etc...
- Experience in consuming REST based web services and Database skills
- Experience in web-services (REST and SOAP) and knowledge in Micro Service Architecture
- Experience in working with various development tools (Maven, Nexus, Jenkins etc.)
- Experience in TDD, Cucumber and Mocking Frameworks, Cloud Technology and Testing Frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge in Business Logic Frameworks, IoT application development, Agile/scrum process
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time