- Computer Science: performance optimization, memory optimization, file serialization and backward compatibility, advanced data structures and algorithms, user interface, and object oriented software design.
- Parallel Programming: MPI, multithreading, data parallelism.
- Computational geometry: discrete geometry processing (sorting, intersections, derived quantities such as area, normal, etc.), coordinate transformations.
- Numerical analysis: numerical interpolation, differentiation, and integration.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of experience developing in C/C++ on medium to large size development teams in industry or research.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate within a large distributed development organization.
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux).
- Working knowledge of computational geometry, numerical analysis, parallel programming, and software engineering.
- Ability to work remotely and independently most of the time.
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering discipline.
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the above mentioned areas.
- Working knowledge of engineering simulation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.