Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
**This is a remote role listed locations are preferred but will consider candidates with required skills in other locations of the US**
Looking for an experienced engineer to join or Control Products R&D team. Engineer will need to apply ingenuity, creativity, and inventiveness toward visualizing and defining new products and product enhancements. Person will consult with key stakeholders in Product Management, Marketing, and Customer Relations groups. The person in this role requires good communication skills and a working knowledge of engineering principles. Able to build productive working relationships with Customers and internal personnel based on respect and good rapport. Engineer must be creative and focused on Customer needs and requirements, all well maintaining deadlines and working within budget. Candidate should be excited about working within teams and be a driven individual that wants to deliver the highest quality products. Product Engineer must have certain prerequisite skills and qualifications including Problem-Solving, Decision Making, Communication, and Teamwork.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Person to work and learn our legacy products and become a key engineering contact on NEMA and IEC contactors and starters.
• Actively involved with UL Standards and Product Safety, along with active participant in UL audits.
• Person will be involved with UL file updates and gathering required technical information to be included in UL files.
• Have working knowledge of our UL files to ensure testing, design, and component compliance
• Be proficient with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process from project inception, design, and manufacturing.
• Work closely with PLM project leads to ensure engineering action items are completed on time
• Person that will be focused on product enhancements and Customer future needs.
• Person must be Customer focused and enjoy solving challenging Customer needs.
• Engineer will work closely with Product Management, Customer Relations Management, Manufacturing Engineers, along with many internal teams.
• Lead cross-functional teams for new product development and significant product / process improvement projects; develop project plans and coordinate activities of assigned resources, prepare budgets and schedules, and coordinate production launch activities.
• Research new RoHS materials along with materials that are sustainable to work towards resource efficiency as part of the Siemens DEGREE program – Decarbonization, Ethics, Governance, Resource Efficiency, Equity, Employability.
• Prepare Bills-Of-Material for equipment and components, assist Purchasing with technical procurement decisions, contact vendors, if necessary, to discuss or obtain component data and prices.
• Heavily involved in component selection including researching into viable alternative components when needed.
• Creating detailed product Feature Specifications.
• Support the creation on labels used on our products for the various manufacturing locations (product Safety/Warning labels, product labels, identification labels, replacement component, UL required labeling)
• Develop detailed work instructions for manufacturing
• Compile details and drawings for customer instruction manuals.
• Work with team on electrical panel layouts and minimizing/balancing number of enclosures with enclosure temp rise data, wire routing, and minimum wire bending space per NEC
• Manage prototype builds from design through completion.
• Perform engineering calculations for Temperature Rise and heat generation. (Verification with testing)
• Coordinate laboratory testing, and complete technical reports with results
• Work closely with manufacturing locations in US (Panel Shop, Southaven Mod Shop), Mexico (Itesa and Monterrey).
• Oversee the design of enclosed electrical panels and enclosures. Responsible for design quality and manufacturability with efforts focused on cost.
• Problems and solutions support for ITESA, Monterrey and Southaven Mod-shop material shortages & supply chain problems.
• Be a key member of the engineering change notice (ECN) process to ensure timely completion and implementation.
• Help with disposition of slow-moving inventory and the obsolesces of product no longer required in portfolio.
• Sustaining product improvements by developing, selecting, and refining design concepts for open NEMA contactors and starters.
• Help with coordination of some return goods (RGA’s), including technical investigation of non-conforming products.
• Coordinate and lead cost savings projects (PUMA), which can include alternate materials to small design changes.
• Be a mentor to engineering students and new engineers hired (ELDP program)
• Aid with providing details for Customs Compliance for raw materials and finish goods.
• Help with the disposition of tooling at our various vendors, to ensure that any tooling being scrapped will not be needed for future products.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must have 7-10 years of experience in product engineering
• Experienced in product management and manufacturing engineering with control products
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reason.
• Be proficient in the use to Siemens Team Center software and NX PLM software.
• Be proficient in the setup of new parts in SAP
• 10-15% travel
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a great benefit
• Execute projects in both the US and Mexico
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.