Electrical Field Service Technician Trainee Development Opportunity
Get started on an exciting career in Electrical Services! Siemens Smart Infrastructure- Distribution Systems, headquartered in Wendell, NC, is offering a unique trainee opportunity. During your first six to nine months, you will be working in our manufacturing operations in Wendell and Charlotte, NC learning the assembly process of our diverse portfolio of products; including electric-vehicle chargers, photovoltaic inverters, low-voltage breaker testing, low-voltage retrofits/ modernizations, and various of medium-voltage power distribution equipment. After the trainee period you will advance to the next level of your career and will be working side by side with experienced Electrical Service Engineers in the field traveling to customer sites to perform routine installation, start up, commissioning, testing, repair and functional operation of our entire power distribution system offerings, including but not limited to LV Switchgear, MV substation, MV circuit breakers, MV Soft Starters, E-Bus Chargers, LV/MV Transformers, and Protective Relay maintenance and systems of a standard nature. After two years in the field, you will progress further in your career with Siemens.
This pathway is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, curious, and flexible entry level/early career talent with great opportunity to progress and advance earning potential.
- Supports maintaining standard tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Supports operational & functional equipment training for customers
- Maintain and adjust standard equipment per OEM recommendations
- Performs start-up & commissioning to ensure equipment checks out- operationally & functionally – per established standards and or specifications
- Responds to routine service or systems calls
- Preparation and submittal of Field Service Reports covering all job activity and expenses
- Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area.
- Identifies operational & functional equipment issues where the problem is not difficult or complex and supports / promotes resolution with appropriate specialists and or field service engineering staff.
- Seeks direction and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from senior personnel
- Comply with OSHA safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
- Troubleshoot & repair of electrical control circuits
- Respond to non-scheduled emergency assignments and planned long term project assignments
- Travel Required- 75 – 85%
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree or 2 years of vocational technical in:
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology or
- Electrical Systems Technology
- Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or LV/MV equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
- Experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
- Good organizational skills to plan work scope, personal and equipment logistics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software, a plus.
- Highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
- Possesses ability to effectively read, understand and follow power system schematics and accurately identify electrical component symbology for installation and troubleshooting purposes
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems
- Experience with Switchgear, MV or LV Circuit breakers
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/schematics
- Familiarity with standard test equipment
In addition to the professional growth and development provided, we offer benefits of PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems:
At Siemens we live and promote an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.