This position involves being a Scrum Master within the R&D team for Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma. The position will work directly with 1 or more cross-functional feature teams engaged in developing the Opcenter Execution Pharma portfolio using SAFe. In addition to engaging with the cross-functional feature teams, the position will also work with other scrum masters to form a community of practice within the organization. This position is in Pune, IN. The position reports to Lean Agile Leader for Pune Opcenter Execution Pharma R&D. This is a non-Manager position.
The Scrum Master is accountable for being a servant leader for 1 or more feature teams. Team resources involve a mix of Siemens and contract hires. Feature teams are comprised of a mix of cross-functional resources including Development, QA, Documentation, and Automation engineering. The individual is expected to perform all responsibilities as a Scrum Master as defined within SAFe.
· Provides servant leadership to 1 or more cross-functional teams.
· Facilitates prescribed iterative events including Release/sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews.
· Works to assist and guide team(s) to improve their individual agile practices.
· Resolves team impediments
· Works with Product Owners and SMEs to help facilitate backlog prioritization, decomposition, release and sprint planning.
· Works with other organizational Scrum Masters to implement a community of practice to help improve Agile methodology across the team, in order to get the team(s) to a high performing level
· Works with other Scrum Masters to facilitate overall retrospectives across the organization or portfolio
· Works with organization leadership to identify and implement sessions and events to further enhance organization understanding and improvement of practices around Agile.
· Willingness to work outside a normal daily schedule to facilitate remote team members across different time zones.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is desired.
· Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
· Has a good knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Estimation, User Story Map, User Story Splitting/Decomposition, Sprint burndown, Iteration, Incremental Development, Continuous Improvement, Team Metrics
· A strong advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies and practices
· Willingness to engage with teams, product owners, subject matter experts, to resolve conflicts arising during sprint execution
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Understanding of normal software development practices involved with the design, development, testing, packaging, release, and sustaining of complex software systems
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time