With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Technology works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. Technology conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. Technology also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
The Siemens incubator for electrification develops the next generation of smart grid applications and digital platforms. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We are looking for a dedicated individual that wants to be part of the team that re-defines how smart grid technologies are developed and used. You will work closely with other software and hardware engineers in a start-up type environment backed up by the substantial resources of a large-scale company.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the digital transition of companies from Portugal to the world. There are more than 1200 professionals working in Cybersecurity, Analytics Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Infrastructure Management. Check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
We are a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a groundbreaking role.
Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society? Join us!
What role will you play?
- Engage with Siemens Technology, Digital Industry and Smart Infrastructure units, its customers and prospects across various business lines.
- Be responsible for designing digital solutions of new products to introduce in the market across different technology domains such as data, cloud, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, business process management, low-code and supporting different business models as SaaS or PaaS
- Advise Siemens Business Units and its customers with your profound technology solution architecture competencies and agile project management and/or consulting experience
- Run technical deep dive and architecture sessions with customers, partners and our DevOps teams.
- Provide architectural guidance for new solutions and services across different technology domains and ensure their compliance with the existing architectural landscape.
- Facilitate stakeholder alignment via close collaboration with management levels in HQ and regions
- Verifies and validates the concepts and specifications versus the requirements and standards, especially on security for data transmission and infrastructure
We are looking for:
- Successfully completed university degree in Computer Science or other equivalent disciplines
- 7+ years of professional experience
- You have deep technical skills in software architecture and cloud computing
- Customer facing skills, ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization, where you will inspire your peers for new technologies and processes
- A solid understanding on enterprise and cloud integration patterns, integration platform and technologies
- Experience and knowledge in technology domains such as machine learning, Analytics and Data Driven Services, multicloud technologies is of advantage
- The capacity to multitask in a fast-changing environment and bring high-energy, you have analytical thinking and project management ability (Agile delivery, CI/CD, DevOps/SCRUM)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English are a must
- To be a self-motivated person with a deep understanding of cloud, use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem
- The ability to connect technology with business KPIs, demonstrating the ability to think strategically about business, processes, products, and technical challenges
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time