At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle, in addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes. Manufacturing engineer will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality, Document Control, Production (Contract Manufacturer), Supply Chain, Key suppliers, Packaging/Logistics, and Program Management to take product design changes and new product designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Interface with design engineering to review the product design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Provide detailed assessments (especially of critical features) of products, processes, and tooling designs for new and existing products
- Develop, implement, and maintain product manufacturing, assembly, and packaging processes (documentation) on new and on existing products
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve manufacturing KPI’s and product/process target performance
- Document configuration management matrices for new & existing products, and manufacturing control plans for new & existing products, as well as improvement plans.
- Develop manufacturing strategy to support product quality & production build objectives, as well as driving tooling design
- Assess existing manufacturing capabilities and implement new processes and/or equipment where justifiable to expand those capabilities
- Define task-project’s scope, manage timelines, and
spending against the budget, coordinate with outside vendors, and oversee
the installation of new equipment to ensure all requirements are met
Interact with and manage outside suppliers and vendors, as necessary, based on project scope
- Implement and expand concepts such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, corrective/preventive actions etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process quality and throughput, as well as reduce field issues
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of changes as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with hiring other engineers or technical staff.
- Provide leadership and training to production team members (Contract manufacturing persons, especially) and fellow engineers (internal team members)
- May assist with performance evaluations (especially Supplier QBR’s)
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information to a general understanding… Thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple elements. Communication excellence!
- Extensive proficiency in creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes
- Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from prototype to sustaining activities, as well as working collaboratively in team settings
- Work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive, and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Experienced with product configuration management (CM) matrices –including CM matrix development for new or existing product lines
- Ability to develop templates and outlines for critical manufacturing documents before all details are available from R&D. Conceptual skill.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of related experience in developing and launching complex assembly processes
- Training skills and experience
- Familiarity with GD&T standard, ASTM, IEC, JEDEC, IPC, and ISO standards
- Mastery of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Project, Team Tracker, Excel Action tracker or similar
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Solid Edge, Solid Works or similar is highly desirable
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to-25 pounds, on occasion.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.