Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
· Responsible for providing the technical design, implementation and testing of clinical features for software medical imaging products ensuring the products sustainability and integrity over the product's entire lifetime.
· Lead, guide, coach, and motivate other junior developers to enable, support, and enforce appropriate design, implementation, quality assurance, test, maintenance, and evolution of the software architecture.
· Provide high level estimates for clinical feature implementation.
· Identify architecturally significant requirements and key non-functional requirements associated with clinical features and define basic concepts for them.
· Document and review software design and other technical content.
· Collaborate with test engineers to design and implement software tests.
· Interface with internal partners including systems engineering, architects, product management and project management.
· Interface with external business partners including those in Germany and India to ensure required deliverables from these partners are provided in a timely manner with required quality.
Position may suite you if:
· You have good knowledge and experience with the C# programming language
· You possess a strong understanding of software design and architecture principles
· You have familiarity with object-oriented design, patterns and architecture principles applied in large-scale systems
· You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· You have the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
· You are capable of professionally resolving team issues and conflicts
· You have a strong and positive commitment to customers, your team, and overall quality
· Bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
· 8-10 years of experience in the software development or an acceptable alternate occupation.
· Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, object-oriented design and architecture principles
· Six (6) years of experience in following skills: expert knowledge of C#; expert knowledge of image visualization; and expert knowledge of computer program design methods and techniques.
· Experience in the following skills: DICOM and Medical Imaging domain knowledge; experience working in a regulated environment (FDA or other); experience in working with offshore teams; and experience coaching and directing developers regarding the specification and implementation of a software design.
· Approximately 5% travel required.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 vaccinations for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.