Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
We seek to fill a Field Service Technician position in Boston, MA to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and handle all phases of the maintenance activities of our SIEMENS ACS-64 electric locomotives. You will also be responsible for scheduling maintenance activities with our customers, training their personnel, and advising on the most effective techniques.
Setting a safe work environment and proactively professionally supporting our customers is crucial to the role. You will interact with the operational, engineering, dispatching, and financial departments for the railroad's safe, cost-effective, and efficient operations. Weekly shift hours can change based upon customer schedule and maintenance needs, with regular overtime. There will be occasional long days and weekends required for this position.
This position will collaborate with the Field Service Site Lead and focus on:
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer & our Charger Locomotives.
- Providing a positive customer service experience to the customer.
- Maintaining ongoing, effective communication with all internal and external relevant parties.
- Establish a rapport with Customer management and maintenance facility personnel.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the customer's maintenance workforce to improve equipment reliability of the fleet.
- Ensure responsiveness and support to the completion of all troubleshooting and repairs assigned to service requests.
- Ensure the delivery of ongoing system operation training for the customers.
- Identify Non-conformance issues and improvement recommendations.
- Assists the local staff in assigned troubleshooting and repair works.
- Ensure accurate communication between the customer, our Rail Support Center, and the field team.
- Provide feedback to the team regarding performance, quality, and efficiency issues.
- Be the Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, such as Cummins, to ensure proper operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive.
- Continually progress customers' maintenance practices to support the Charger locomotive as intended by the manual.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Technical education in an engineering discipline or a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for the supervised workgroup(s).
- Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products.
- Required travel: 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Candidates with experience in rolling stock (railroad) maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory, FRA requirements, and guidelines.
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.