As an Interiors System Engineer, you will be responsible for railway interior systems and regulatory compliance of Siemens trains for North American customers.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential, as this position requires working in close conjunction with all design and system engineering functions within the department as well as with the purchasing, quality and testing departments.
• Completes complex material and system specifications, technical reports and technical proposals, and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation and integration.
• Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.
• Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
• Performs internal and external communication of complex technical and commercial issues.
• Prepares, reviews, and / or or approves drawings using CREO(ProEnginer) platform.
• Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
• Performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• System integration of railway interior components such as flooring, seats, stanchions, luggage enclosures, signage, and other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Strong communication and presentation skills in the English language
• Ability to clearly and concisely express technical information of the entrance system
• Strong technical writing skills
• Presentation and meeting facilitation skills
• Travel up to 10% of your time
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Rolling Stock Engineering experience
• Systems Engineering/ Project Engineering experience
• Knowledge regarding rail vehicle industry test standards (ASTM, NFPA, FRA, APTA), and fire safety compliance (CFR, and NFPA-130).
• Knowledge and experience with PRIIA single level and locomotive specifications.
permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with
an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.