Sr Energy Engineer - Energy Services - Southeast Zone
Do you have a passion for building energy efﬁciency and sustainability? Come join Siemens Energy Services; one of the fastest growing segments in the commercial building market, as the Sr Energy Engineer in Atlanta for our Southeast Zone.
Primary responsibility is driving growth in our Energy Services business by performing and supervising facility site visits/audits, analyzing the customer’s current situation, and producing plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position works closely with sales in the identification and qualification of Energy Services projects and supports ongoing service agreements. This role supports and manages relationships with current and as well potential future customers.
- Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities.
- Communicate design concepts with customers, outside vendors, consultants, or Siemen’s personnel as it pertains to the scope of the FIMs.
- Develop design concepts and schematics concerning recommended FIMs, including scope of work descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates, and data to verify FIMs.
- Assist sales in the identiﬁcation and qualiﬁcation of Energy Services projects. Support preliminary and ﬁnal proposal development.
- Analyze drawings and perform site surveys on mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Directly work with or supervise Energy Services staff with building energy calculations to determine project energy savings as well as analyze operational costs.
- Prepare ﬁnancial models, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations.
- Mentor less experienced energy services staff.
- Provide project development assistance to the team.
- BS or MS in engineering or applicable degree
- 6+ years of experience in energy engineering
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Professional Engineer certiﬁcation (PE) preferred
- Energy industry experience supporting energy engineering and management
- High level knowledge of HVAC systems and building control systems
- Experience Participating in project/program management activities
- Experience commissioning semi-complex building systems, especially in the areas of HVAC systems and building automation
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Qualiﬁed applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.