Join our SI team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for development of the Electrification & Automation (EA) product, solutions, and services portfolio in the Data Center and Semiconductor verticals, as a liaison to and supporting the sales force in the United States. The product portfolio includes but is not limited to MV switchgear (AIS & GIS), MV and LV Motor Control, Power Equipment Centers, Distribution transformers, protection and automation, and other ancillary MV and LV products that are routinely part of complete electrical solutions.
This Business Development position has the responsibility to both “support and drive” profitable sales growth of the Electrification & Automation portfolio. This includes, but not limited to, the ability to: proactively plan, create demand, influence specifications, get Siemens products in approved customer lists, in target & penetrate accounts, drive promotional activities, work and sell collaboratively, create budget proposals, manage an opportunity pipeline, conduct training, perform customer presentations, as well as handle numerous other business development and sales related activities. (A heavy emphasis on specification and account influence to drive towards a preferential position as a trusted adviser to the customer.) Part of the daily work includes clients contact and active involvement during the sales and execution phase. This position requires input in setting up annual vertical targets based on the market dynamics and then later helping to successfully meet the targets. Accurate monthly forecasting and data accuracy for projects in the pipeline is crucial.
The BDM will act as a business unit liaison and support the Sales Account Managers and where applicable partners who directly call on and manage End Users, and Contractors along with engineering procurement and construction (EPC) firms. In addition, the BDM helps guide the Business Units by providing marketing advice and leadership to ensure overall market effectiveness.
The BDM should create account development plans to drive market analysis, definition of strategic objectives, concrete actions as well as collaboration across account teams.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the technical support at assigned customers throughout the lifecycle of the relationship.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A thorough understanding of and experience in working with all types of MV and LV power electrical distribution systems is critical, including electrical system design / architecture, experience in E-House / PEC technology, protective relaying, automation schemes and equipment designs and applications
- 5 to 10 years of business development / sales experience in the Data Center and Semiconductor verticals and intense product knowledge of MV Switchgear specially GIS, AIS, and solutions
- Ability to be able to effectively demonstrate and conduct hands on demonstrations of the equipment
- Basic Knowledge of ANSI -NEMA standards. Know-how of IEC standard will be an advantage
- Ability to effectively conduct product training to Sales
- Experience working with clients at executive, engineering, and operations level
- Experience with both End User as well as EPC firms
- Ability to make excellent presentations to customers and EPCs is a must
- High self-motivation, a self-starter, and can effectively work in an organizational matrix environment
- Characterized by a high level of communication readiness, analytical skills, team orientation, resilience and social competence
- A “Hunters” drive and motivation to win orders (this is not an account maintenance role)
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s Degree, with Electrical Engineering Background (or equivalent experience)
- Willingness to travel from 50-75% of the time including some international travel
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.