How can you help us craft the future as an Electronic Test Technician?
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team as a Production Tech! You will be responsible for testing and assembly!
What are the responsibilities?
- Read and execute test schedules, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to decide testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions, such as temperature change, vibration, pressure, and humidity, using testing devices. Calibrate and sets components and devices.
- Read dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics, such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
- Compare and analyze results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph and test results on defective units to discover cause of failure, applying knowledge of electronic theory and using electronic test equipment.
- Confer with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- Utilize knowledge of programming techniques, electronics, test equipment, and testing specifications.
- May devise test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with electronic equipment.
- Microsoft Office/Digital Literacy
- Have high initiative and interest in learning.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
What other skills/experience and/or education would assist you in this role?
- Experience in manufacturing or industrial environment
- BS electrical engineering degree preferred (2 year Electrical degree preferred)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.