What are my responsibilities?
• Team lead of the accounting organization of Siemens Financial Services, Turkey, with 6 direct reports, 2 support staff, and 2 working students.
• Perform accounting and regulatory reporting in accordance with tax and Local GAAP requirements.
• Manage day to day accounting functions through well-reconcile general ledger
• Ensure completeness and correctness of the internal and external reporting as well as compliance with accounting controls and processes for all accounting-related closing activities
• Quality assurance as well as proper and timely processing of business transactions
• Analysis of the accounting treatment for non-routine or material business transactions and alignment with different stakeholders (incl. headquarters)
• Coordinate internal and external audits as well as internal service providers
• Ensure that all tax declarations, BA/ BS declarations, quarterly and annual corporate tax calculations, and other required reports (e.g., risk center report) to government bodies are submitted accurately on time.
• Responsible for the implementation of new Contract Management Systems or IT systems with impact on the financial reporting from a local perspective, e.g., definition of local requirements and its implementation in a timely manner considering high quality standards, coordination of accounting resources within the projects
• Analysis and continuous improvement of accounting-related processes, including collections, and monitoring of the implementation status
• Further development and digitalization of accounting processes
• Interface to accounting department in headquarters
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• University degree in accounting, management reporting or other finance-related area,
• At least 10-12 years professional experience in accounting, tax requirements, BRSA regulations, local GAAP (TMS/TFRS) from base level journal entry to preparation of financial statements, ideally at a financial service provider, a bank or an audit company
• Experiences in the implementation of accounting standards, tools and optimization of accounting processes
• Experiences in the management of a team
• CPA (SMMM) certificate will be an asset
• Flexibility and willingness to learn (growth mindset)
• Driving change / act as a change agent
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Very good communication skills and fluent in Turkish and English
• Ability to collaborate in an international environment
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Finansal Kiralama A.S.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time