Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat you’ll be doing
As a EM/IR QA Engineer you will mainly be responsible for automation and improvement of the software testing process.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating test-plans for comprehensive features/enhancements for one of the developed tools
- Manual verification of the newly implemented code, using proven 3rd party tools where needed
- Reporting defects, localizing the issue, providing vital input to reproduce it, including scripts, layouts, etc.
- Implementing regression tests for covering the introduced code
- Daily and on demand runs of tests, reporting the results to counterparts
- Supervising junior colleagues
- Providing weekly reports with brief description of the work done and the plan for the next week
- Participating QA and multi-functional team meetings
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an EDA or Computer science related area - Cybernetics, Computer science, Microelectronics, Applied Math, etc.
- 3-4 years of experience in automated software testing preferably in EDA area
- Strong skills in Scripting/Programming skills
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Knowledge of basic algorithms and ability of estimating the complexity of algorithms, creating and implementing algorithms
- Experience of working with code coverage measuring tools (gcov, Pure Coverage) and memory errors reporting tools (Valgrind, Purify) is plus
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuit laws
- Basic knowledge of Boolean algebra and logical circuits Basic knowledge about EDA flow and manufacturing process
- Proficient verbal and written English, ability to work in an international team, having regular international team meetings
- Good planning skills, basic knowledge of one of planning tools - JRA, MS Project, etc.
- Experience of working with a source control and an issue tracking tool Readiness to support team members in force major situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Closed Joint-Stock Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time