Electrical Installer – Smart Buildings – Level I - Multiple Openings
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! We are currently looking for multiple Electronic Installers to join our growing team in Winter Park, FL
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position assists with equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs, and overhauls of a variety of systems, including building automation/HVAC, fire alarm, and security systems. Activities include installation and check-out of electric and electronic components, conduit, wire, and cable while keeping records and documentation. This position will also provide on-site product and service training to the customer.
- Perform installation and check-out of electric and electronic components for systems associated with automatic building control, fire management, security CCTV, audio, and energy management.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine inspections
- Install conduit, wire, cable, and devices including panels, sensors and components.
- Perform wiring check-out and assist with system start-up. Perform tasks related to panel fabrication. Disconnect and dismantle electric/electronic instruments, panels, sensor, etc.
- Troubleshoot wiring issues.
- Coordinate with staff about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
- Provide input on and assist with the preparation of as-built drawings.
- May be required to lay out system wiring, conduit, device location, etc. to ensure a complete and efficient installation.
- May be required to assist with electrical installation estimates with other Siemens team members.
- Provide instructions to customers regarding proper operation of products and services.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of electrical codes, requirements, and efficient installation methods and practices
- Experience installing low voltage controls systems; 1+ years preferred
- Experience installing conduit and running pipe
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.