Siemens Mobility Customer Service division is seeking a full-time software engineer to support our internal and customer initiatives.
This position will be a member of the engineering software development team, which maintains and develops new features on existing products. You will support the expansion of the digital portfolio by collecting requirements, driving the creation of proof-of-concepts and prototypes to deliver tangible value to our customers, and thus drive the growth of digital services in the North American market.
Applicable software development ranges from Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) over PC based computers to interfacing with Cloud based data collection and processing. A typical example is the initial data collection and pre-processing on a train to collect information about operations, maintenance, safety, and security that will be forwarded to Railigent – the Siemens Mobility Cloud Platform that leverages IoT and AI for rail assets.
Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Follows secure coding guidelines
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
This is a full-time position, located at the Siemens McClellan facility, reporting director of CS engineering.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in professional software engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Java, C++, Python or similar and object-oriented design skills
- Presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience
- Analyzing information
- Experience with REST and SOAP API back-end services
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience in cloud-computing environments, either Amazon Web Services AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Problem solving
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.