We are currently looking for somebody with Traffic signals experience that believes they have what it takes to move to build the next level of their career through our entry level position onto the ladder of contract delivery and management.
You will receive training where required in supervision, CDM regulations and team management to allow you to succeed as our Installation Supervisor and will be responsible for the delivery of installation works within the Northampton and Milton Keynes areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team where you will find all of Management team have followed this same path to their current positions
The challenge: To Supervise
- All works to be completed safely as a priority
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/ or highways systems
- Ensure all electrical tests are completed and recorded
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for ensuring site inductions are undertaken
- Maintain team performance
- Responsible for organising activity of the installation team and sub-contractors
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
Knowledge and skills required for this role:
- Desire - to progress your own career
- Mindset - to deliver a quality end product
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Leadership – able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Organisation – able to manage a number of complex tasks, staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Currently working with the Traffic signal industry or similar
- Working on traffic signal equipment or similar
- Working outside
- Working at heights
- Working as part of a team
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time