Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who can develop and manage relationships with governments across Canada, influence policies, and secure government support to advance Siemens Canada’s business interests.
What will you do?
- Build relationships with key officials and political leadership at the federal, provincial and municipal levels, who can impact Siemens business interests.
- Support the VP, Government Affairs in identifying, developing and managing these relationships.
- Establish and maintain a Relationships Management System to support management of these relationships.
- Recommend, organize and support meetings and communications between appropriate company executive(s) and key government officials based on then-current business priorities.
- Siemens will often develop and propose projects that will advance the interests of the Company as well as advance the priorities of governments.
- The identification of programs and sources of funding that support these projects and priorities is a core function of Government Affairs.
- Participate in internal management meetings and engage in selective training programs to ensure a comprehensive knowledge of Siemens technologies, capabilities and business development priorities.
- Develop and maintain a list of programs and related eligibility criteria that respond to, and align with, these priorities.
- Establish a process to inform executives and the leadership of the various business units of programs and policies that promise to advance their respective business interests; and supports the business units in the preparation and advancement of select project proposals through the approval process to secure government funding.
- Marketing Siemens capabilities and solutions to key government officials and the political leadership is a core function of Government Affairs.
- Ensure that key government officials and decision-makers are aware of the Siemens technologies that could advance their respective priorities.
- Identify and recommend participation in events that promise to demonstrate technologies to key government decision-makers.
- Assist in identifying and engaging key decision-makers to ensure their participation; and
support the relevant business leadership in the preparation of information and presentations for these events.
- Communication of government policies and budgets that may have important implications for Siemens various business.
- Monitor and report to executive management on the development, release and publication of these policies and the possible implications for the Company.
- Anticipate and follow the formulation and development of policies in areas of critical interest to Siemens and leverages the resources of the Company to influence outcomes that are aligned with corporate interests.
- Support senior management in their respective roles as participants in various policy fora, and as members of various Boards, to ensure active and effective participation in the development of policies relevant to Siemens business interests.
- Compliance with the laws and regulations of the various political jurisdictions in Canada is a core responsibility of Government Affairs and the entire Company. Drive awareness with all employees to ensure compliance with laws and regulations that govern interaction and communication with government officials and political leadership.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern interaction and communications with all levels of government; and in concert with the office of the General Counsel and the Chief Compliance Officer, advises management and employees about compliance and appropriate reporting protocols.
What will you need to succeed?
- University degree in related discipline
- Minimum 8 years experience in working with government programs and a track record in developing project proposals that have successfully secured government funding.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the structure, functions and operations of the federal and provincial governments across Canada.
- Knowledge of government policies and programs that impact or are relevant to Siemens business interests.
- Established networks and relationships with, key government officials who are responsible for policies, programs and regulations that impact or are relevant to Siemens business interests; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present to senior executives and leadership within the Company and externally, including senior government officials.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Chief Executive's Office
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.