Job Posting Structure
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics (LD) as a Senior System Engineer in the Systems Engineering organization within R&D Product Design Engineering. The role will be located at the Newark, DE site location of Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics, one of three locations for the Lab Diagnostics Engineering teams. There is very close collaboration with the other two engineering teams located at Tarrytown, NY and Flanders, NJ sites.
The position reports to the Director of Systems Engineering within the Product Design Engineering function of the Global Engineering Organization (GEO). You are willing to travel up to 20%, including travel between other engineering sites (Tarrytown, NY and Flanders, NJ)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As part of the LD Systems Engineering team, the Senior System Engineer will be responsible for the design space characterization, integration, and verification of the system of complex laboratory instruments for new lab diagnostic development projects.
Responsibilities of Senior Systems Engineer:
· Work closely with cross-functional design team members to ensure that the full understanding of subsystem/system functionality and performance is developed
· Drive the development of systems design concepts to meet clinical chemistry and immunoassay performance requirements
· Develop expertise in the interaction between different elements of detailed design, give unique insight to the potential for emergent behavior and weigh merits of various design concepts against each other
· Oversee, plan and execute experiments to study design feasibility and identify & characterize critical design parameters and their boundaries
· Identify solutions to complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause, and then proposing design modifications as they pertain to lab diagnostic device system & assay performance
· Provide systems instrument technical guidance and knowledge transfer to internal fleet support and Services teams when escalated instrument analyzer issues arise at critical customer sites.
· Analyze system & assay performance test data and establish acceptance criteria
· Anticipate potential problems that may impact system performance and develop risk mitigation plans
· Write, review, and communicate data-driven technical summaries and test reports to stakeholder and leadership audiences
· Support Systems Engineering’s initiatives such as Design for Reliability and Model Based System Engineering. Familiarity and practice experience in these areas would be desired.
· Assure compliance to all design characterization, integration and verification quality procedures and policies of product development
· Collaborate with all Design and Commercial Product Engineering teams
· Oversee procedures pertaining to:
o Subsystem and system design characterization
o System integration
o Engineering prototype configuration management during system verification
o Design verification and traceability
o Technical and Product Risk Management
o Design transfer to manufacturing
o Manufacturing /Quality Control Systems support
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
Desired skills to have for the success of this role:
• Demonstrated systems and design engineering experience in complex electromechanical instrumentation in a new product development environment
• Experience with medical device product lifecycle preferred, working knowledge of medical device systems including optics, mechanical, electrical, fluidics and software components.
• Familiarity and practice experience in Design for Reliability (reliability requirements allocation, fault-tolerant systems, physics of failure, reliability statistics, reliability modeling and prediction)
• Familiarity and practical experience in Model Based System Engineering and related modeling tools’ application (SysML/UML, Magic Draw, Mathworks) to product life cycle
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated capabilities with modern design methodologies, code generation, and associated tools (for example, Root cause analysis, FMEA, Design of Experiment)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with technical teams and drive results.
• Experience working with large cross organizational multidisciplinary teams
• Strong knowledge of Agile product development
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Biomedical/Systems/Chemical /Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• 7+ years design or systems engineering experience in complex electromechanical instrumentation in a new product development environment.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.