Are you a forward-thinking, cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for product development and innovation?? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
As part of your graduate role you will also take part in our phenomenal development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Exposure to a full product development from the early stages of development of our new, exciting range of products within 4G/5G platform products for the next generation Railway Telecoms.
- Experience and contribute to the provision of on-board train communication solutions and cloud-based digitalisation solutions direct to the customer working with internal Siemens departments.
- You will often work in tandem with the Product Management and Sales teams whilst under the guidance of a senior Engineer.
- Work on and support projects which may include Operational Communications Systems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Work in ensuring the product success, from creating a product road map, support all the required documentation and certification while supporting the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams across the business to understand and deliver solutions to the customer, including product compliance, support Software and Hardware Development teams, Sales, Accounting and Production.
- Support the solutions team delivering high quality technical and engineering solutions for large multi-disciplined projects for clients related to telecom systems, primarily in the rail sector.
- Delve into the world of 5G, IP and Cloud technology, which is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Design & Development, Cyber security elements as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing in our lab area.
- The role is primarily based in the Poole office; however, some travel is expected including international travel to participate in external meetings, testing or other on-site work including on-board trains in UK and abroad.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
You must be studying towards a You must be studying towards a Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronics, Systems or Computer Science degree aiming for a 2:2 or above.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to apply your core knowledge base from your degree, as well as gaining a workable understanding of software engineering, electrical and electronic engineering and telecommunications.
- Exposure by way of internship or work experience to any of the following would be beneficial - Software Design, Hardware Design, Internet of Things, Digital & Cloud Technologies
- Appreciation of requirements management.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Telecommunications. Do you think this is you? If so apply now!
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, and an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our
business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and
welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace
adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time