Siemens Product Engineering is seeking a software developer for the NX Architecture team. The candidate will work on the core NX platform, helping sustain its best-in-class capabilities by integrating emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions to business problems. Candidates must have a strong background in C++, along with the ability to solve complicated problems in an elegant manner. The role also requires good interpersonal skills for working with product owners, project leads, architects, and dependent application developers around the globe.
The NX Architecture team is responsible for the foundational areas of NX including core data models, change propagation and dependency processing, memory management, and maintaining modular interfaces. Developers in Milford, OH, Cypress, CA, and Pune, India work together as a team.
Siemens NX software is a flexible and powerful integrated solution that helps our customers deliver better products faster and more efficiently. NX delivers the next generation of design, simulation, and manufacturing solutions that enable companies to realize the value of the digital twin. It is part of the Product Engineering division within the Siemens Digital Industries organization
- Design, develop, implement, and extend functionality for the Siemens NX product
- Work with architects, product owners, product managers, and application engineers to define deliverables, estimate effort, and ensure on-time delivery
- Develop an understanding of users and user workflows over time to provide input to the NX planning process
- Take ownership of existing functionality to fix customer reported problems and improve the quality of the product
- Participate in project management and process improvement activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, Masters or PhD preferred, with 0-5 years of work experience as a software developer
- Demonstrated programming experience, primarily in C++, along with very good understanding of OO principles, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- No travel required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with compilers, multithreading, and/or operating system level debugging and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and leverage different technologies when needed (e.g, cloud platform services, docker containers, relational or NoSQL databases)
- Experience with developing for enterprise software products,
- Experience with one or more SDLC methodologies such as scaled agile, iterative and incremental, or similar
- Experience with continuous integration platforms
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.