Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat you’ll be doing
The STAR-CCM+ team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to the development of the STAR-CCM+ finite element framework, which serves as a foundation for all finite element-based physics in the STAR-CCM+ multi-physics environment. It represents a relatively new development in a traditionally finite volume centric code which means new challenges, frequent improvements and re-architecture of established components. The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute across the whole pipeline from discretization to linear solver and post-processing and cooperate with the respective teams.
The primary goal of the framework developer is to design and develop abstraction layers, allowing physics developers to rapidly contribute physics modeling code without explicitly considering details of the computer architecture, parallel implementation and memory layouts.Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Finite element specific enhancements of the STAR-CCM+ discretization, solver and post-processing framework (e.g., dimensionally reduced beam / shells elements, material modeling, 3rd party model import, higher order discretization, model order reduction)
- Design and development of reusable, highly performant code components for our multiphysics teams (solid stress, solid energy, electromagnetism, fluid-structure interaction)
- Development of efficient solution methods, performance benchmarking and code optimization in a fully MPI-parallel environment
- Validation, debugging and close cooperation with quality assurance and customer support teams including responsibility for customer reported defect identification and correction
- Working as a part of large, geographically distributed software development team, applying Agile development processes and methodology
- Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in civil or mechanical engineering, applied mathematics or computer science
- Excellent experience in the theoretical foundations of the finite element method (2 years), ideally in the context of a larger framework project
- Experience in large-scale software projects. In-depth knowledge of C++ and object-oriented design is a must. HPC (High Performance Computing) experience with CPU and GP-GPU hardware is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, a high team spirit and flexibility to work in large, geographically distributed teams
- Self-interest in continuous learning in the field of numerical simulation
- Quality-awareness and diligence to tackle sophisticated problems in a customer focused attitude
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home. Some of our benefits in the Czech Republic are:
- 25 days of vacation
- 3 bridge days
- Contribution to pension insurance 3% of gross salary or 8K CZK to life insurance
- Meal vouchers in value 100 CZK
- Possibility order Multisport card – for 580 CZK (www.multisport.cz)
- Premium medical care in www.canadian.cz – in policlinics in Prague 1, Prague 4 and Prague 8
- Participation at our phenomenal Siemens Share Program
- Home Office compensation 100 CZK per working day from home
- Language courses for employees, English + Czech for foreigners
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time