Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Technical Field Services (TFS) Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure, CIS business headquartered in Ashby De-la-Zouch.Our Team and what we do
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Infrastructure CIS business supplies SCADA and SISS control systems as well as operational telecoms and secure network equipment to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation within the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering great outcomes to our customers.Your role, and what you’ll be doing
The Technical Field Services Engineer is an exciting opportunity for someone to work across several market sectors, developing a wide range of skill sets as part of our dedicated Field Service team.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the TFS Engineer will be required to understand, interpret, install, and commission SCADA and SISS specifications and engineering solutions to customer requirements. You will also provide high quality site support, maintenance emergency support and preventative maintenance both remotely and on site.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Project Engineering Delivery, configuring and validating systems components.
- Provision of maintenance 24/7 Telephone Support, Emergency Callout and Planned preventative maintenance
- Installation and commissioning support of SISS and SCADA systems/Sub-Systems
- Compliance with the Quality Procedures, Processes and Guidelines.
- Establish compliance with project specifications.
- Inspect products, perform equipment testing and validation.
- Diagnose faults in products and assets both in-house and on-site environments.
- Manage design variations and defects in products and assets.
- Contribute to effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and suggest improvements to business processes, potential developments, and engineering products
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Proven experience of Installation & Commissioning of SCADA/SISS Control Systems.
- Experience of undertaking Emergency Callout Duties and Telephone Support.
- Proven experience of fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Have previous experience of working in a customer interfacing position.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering process at all stages of the engineering life cycle.
- Hold a BTEC/HNC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regs (Desirable)
- Some prior experience of Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time