Siemens Mobility Canada is an authority in seamless, sustainable, reliable, and secure transport solutions with more than 160 years of proven success. With our recent acquisition of RailTerm, we are growing our team and hiring a Track Maintainer Supervisor. RailTerm is a North American corporation that provides rail operation services, including dispatching, track and signal maintenance, and intermodal terminal management. We also provide signals, communications, and software systems and licenses the TrainMaster Rail Traffic Control (RTC) software to independent railroads.
The Track Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and performing routine and planned maintenance activities, supporting and protecting gang work, and project work. You will support emergency response and perform track inspections as required. In this leadership role, you will be the voice of RailTerm's work quality programs, safety culture, and compliance (remember – you're the role model!) and be an ambassador of the company when interacting with customers, suppliers, and employees. You will need to report and raise all accidents/incidents and participate in the investigation/review processes while guiding the maintenance forces within your territory. If you are an effective leader geared towards safety, quality, and client satisfaction, we'd love to have you join our team!Responsibilities:
- Perform track maintenance and repairs
- Perform track inspection according to CN Engineering Track Standards and Transport Canada Guidelines
- Supervise and mentor a team of Track Maintainers and subcontractors
- Support geometry testing and rail testing within the territory
- Perform Quality Control Inspections, Performance Measuring, and Rules Compliance related to tracking programs and other work activities
- Provide track flagging service as required
- Must be able to read technical drawings
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as trackman or track foreman
- Minimum 2 years Track Inspection Qualification (TIG)
- Detailed understanding of track geometry
- Thorough understanding of track standards and track safety requirements
- Thoroughly understanding of continuous welded rail (CWR)
- Experience in track inspection procedures, construction, and maintenance/repair work
- Thermite welding qualification is an asset
- Valid Driving License.
Following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Please advise the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.