Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.Areas of Responsibilities:
As European Application Engineer for digital functional verification you play a critical role to the success of Mentor Graphics. You will be part of an Application Engineering team managed by the European Technical Director for Digital Design and Verification Solutions.
You are expected to leverage your expertise in Functional Verification to help our customers improve their verification capabilities, identifying and providing solutions to overcome their verification challenges and delivering expert assistance in the deployment of Mentor tools, technology and services.The successful candidate will:
- Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. This requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team.
- Provide customer verification methodology guidance, verification tools training, and verification problem resolution.
- Align with Sales to exceed quota as they proactively manage customer accounts to achieve business success. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations and competitive benchmarking.
- Work with customers to solve complex technical challenges in multiple disciplines of functional verification including Assertion Based Verification, Coverage Driven Verification, Formal Verification, Low Power Verification with UPF, and Verification Management.
- Manage multiple customer issues concurrently, working with design & verification engineers, as well as first or second level managers.
- Provide technical feedback to Mentor product development teams relating to critical issues and recommended product enhancements.
- Be expected to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job related skills; such as developing additional product breadth and business skills.
- Education: MSEE (or equivalent) required with 3+ years experience or BSEE (or equivalent) with 5+ years experience in the area of functional verification.
- Experience should include
- IC/ASIC/FPGA design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, RTL, behavioral coding and general ASIC debug.
- Verification planning and management experience with block level and top level designs.
- Solid understanding of at least one of the major verification methodologies (OVM/UVM, VMM or OSVVM/UVVM) and/or expert level experience creating a proprietary verification methodology within a company.
- Solid understanding of verification languages (SystemVerilog, SystemC, e, Vera) and an expert in at least one of these languages.
- Expert level usage of at least one major verification platform (Questa, Incisive/Xcelium, VCS).
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments including scripting languages.
- General knowledge of Functional Verification disciplines including Assertion Based Verification, Formal Verification, Low-Power Verification, Verification Planning & Management and Verification Methodology with demonstrated expertise in at least two of these areas.
- Experience with Mentor Functional Verification products desired but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills are required.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment including the ability to multiplex many issues, establish and meet priorities, while maintaining a helpful/caring attitude towards fellow workers, and customers.
- A desire to help customers exploit new technologies is essential for success in the position.
- English mandatory.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally).
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time