An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our Products & Services team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure Electrification business in Coventry.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Electrification business supplies switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is now designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator (SVC) & Static Frequency Convertor (SFC), so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This is a dynamic, customer facing role where you will take responsibility for Modular switchgear or SFC supply projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders to customer requirements capture, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As the Project Manager, you will be supported by the Senior Project Manager to help guide the planning and lead implementation of projects delivering a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications. This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business to understand and deliver solutions to the customer. This includes Products, Services & Engineering teams, Sales, Accounting and Planning, as well as frequently liaising, influencing and establishing rapport with our customers.
What will be Responsibilities?
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, fit-out, and test of traction power equipment, and in particular traction power or distribution substations at 650V DC, 25kV AC, 33kV AC.
- Establishes a highly motivated high performing, success orientated team to meet the project requirements.
- Provides project reports as required to the business and to clients.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project team, and other relevant decision-makers in respect of matters arising on the project
- Carefully prepares in conjunction with the company's commercial management all correspondence and written and verbal transactions related to the conduct of the project works both technical and commercial.
- Can understand, take into account and put forward / present a strategic viewpoint when it comes to the finances and delivery of the project.
- Plans strategy for maintaining good relations, communicating and exchanging information with the customer and other interested parties (stakeholders).
- Ensure the correct emphasis is placed on HSQE and is demonstrated at all times by their leadership and behaviour.
- Ensure the HSQE protection and compliance of Siemens Rail Electrification operations, activities and employees. (Ultimately responsible for ensuring that their area of the business meets all its HSQE obligations to all affected parties and for assisting the wider business to meet its HSQE obligations).
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Project Management or Engineering experience at a similar level, ideally within UK railway electrification projects. Transferable knowledge from other relevant power distribution industries also considered.
- Project management experience ideally within the rail industry.
- Further education qualification, ideally degree qualified
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Technical & engineering skills, qualifications & experience
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Commercial aptitude & awareness
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems, including MS Office applications, and an understand of Primavera Project software (e.g. P6e)
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy - the role is based out of our Coventry office but there will be an opportunity for remote working on a regular basis
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 380,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time