Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Software Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. Based our of either Ashby de-la Zouch or Chippenham, the Software Engineer will support in the development and delivery of software components, systems and solutions for the UK rail market.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And we’re encouraging the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Undertake activities in support of one or more of the following teams: Software Engineering, System Engineering, Software Tools Support, and Integration, Test and Validation Engineering
- Delivery of work packages to meet budget, timescale, quality and system performance targets.
- Design, implementation, configuration and test of applications; ensuring that all internal and external standards are adhered to.
- Where required, design and implement database tables and methods adhering to current internal and industry standards.
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time
- Maintain existing code base, analyse and resolve problems that are reported by partners and customers.
- Work with customers and collaborators to understand and improve existing code for their area.
- Follow the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC), design documents and coding guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with the team and with customers, participating in meetings on both project and technical issues.
- Development of unit tests and testing of the work packages.
- Usage of tools for configuration management, source control, build, deployment and testing.
- Contribute to process and methodology improvements
- Assist testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Bachelors degree in a relevant engineering subject area with a high level of software content or equivalent practical experience of developing software.
- Competence in C# or knowledge of other object-oriented programming (OOP) languages and ability to learn new languages quickly.
- Experience in the use of configuration management and change control tools.
- Knowledge of engineering development lifecycles, both Waterfall and Agile.
- An understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Knowledge of programming design paradigms and techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and development tools.
- Ability to effectively diagnose problems by debugging software systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a positive growth mindset with the ability to think innovatively.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- 26 days holiday, growing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time