Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software
Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Work with customers as a global solutions, providing services for the world's largest electronics and semiconductor companies.
Continue to learn and support state of the art Siemens EDA emulation tools.About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic, professional, and technical engineer, who will be responsible for technical selling and support of our leading-edge Place and Route (P&R) solutions.
The P&R Applications Engineer will be responsible for working with the account managers to determine the sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying engagements based on customers’ needs and business opportunities, defining evaluations and/or benchmark criteria and executing the relevant technical campaigns to meet established goals, enabling Mentor P&R solutions’ adoption and deployment into customers’ production flows and providing best-in-class support to ensure customers’ success and broader use of Siemens-EDA RTL-to-GDS solutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in EE, CE or VLSI
- 8+ years of industry experience in EDA or IC design space
- Expertise with Cadence Genus/Innovus, Synopsys IC Compiler/Fusion Compiler, Avatar Aprisa and/or Mentor Nitro-SoC
- Advanced FinFET process focused RTL to tape-out design flow knowledge
- Hands-on experience leading or working on IC design tape-out, P&R evaluations or benchmarking engagements
- Expertise in RTL to tape-out flow and meeting power-performance-area (PPA) and time-to-results (TTR) goals
- In-depth understanding of core P&R stages, root cause analysis and debugging (floor planning, placement, clock tree synthesis, routing, signal and power integrity and static timing analysis)
- Expert level TCL scripting and understanding of Verilog, UPF data formats
- Customer relationships and expectations management
- Technical campaigns and priorities management
The responsibilities for the P&R AE role include, but is not limited to the following Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting Account Managers to determine sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying the match-up between customer needs and Siemens-EDA’s RTL-to-GDS solutions
- Hunting for new opportunities to win new opportunities or Grow existing Customers
- Creating and executing winning evaluations and benchmarking strategies and driving the relevant technical engagements to success and business win
- Supporting customers with deployment of P&R solutions and continued proliferation into broader design groups and user base
- Providing technical support to customers in both pre-sales and post-sales situations including technical problem resolution and training
- Communicating customers’ technical requirements to product marketing.
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
- Must enjoy working with customers and cross-functional teams (sales, product management and R&D, marketing)
We offer great benefits, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
Who we are and what does our culture look like? Our culture is synonymous with innovation, creativity, collaboration, and respect.
We are software engineers – and researchers, computer scientists, HR professionals, sales experts, marketers, designers, and innovators.
This position is based in Israel (Herzliya) and involves travel (national & international).
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds#LI-TB1
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time