Senior Product Engineer FPGA Prototyping.
The candidate will work closely with hardware and Software engineering teams to support Siemens EDA FPGA Prototyping platforms.
The candidate is expected to support the Siemens Prototyping hardware products deployment and manage a prototyping product's operation and configuration, principally in the US. This includes hardware configuration and maintenance, procuring components for prototyping, setting up FPGA prototyping systems, firmware upgrades, and testing, performing basic diagnostics, defining operational requirements and installation, creating guidelines and training materials, understanding lab requirements with regards to cooling and power, lab equipment maintenance, etc.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for defining and maintaining customer IT integration methodology and will serve as primary customer IT integration support for Siemens EDA Prototyping platforms.
- Work with product hardware support team for product installation and tear down, including setup of proof-of-concept testing.
- Assemble prototype systems and perform basic checks
- Install upgrade Linux operating systems
- Perform inventory management for Product Engineering and hardware teams
- Procure components needed for prototyping
- Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
- Define guidelines, methodology, and process for prototyping hardware deployment
- Train Application Engineers, IT, and customers on the hardware solution. This means educating the users on best practices for successfully using the solution.
- Participate in the deployment of our solutions at customer sites.
- Ensure existing customers maximize the value they receive from the solution by developing and enhancing methodology that exploits the solution’s capabilities
- Create examples and tutorials that are shipped with our products.
- Provide customer requirements to R&D and marketing
- Work with R&D to make the hardware improvements necessary for the customer’s success.
- BS or MS in EE, CE, CS, or related areas, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5+ years in design, verification, simulation, emulation, and prototyping of electronics chips and systems
- Experience with Datacenters, compute farms, and lab environments
- Network integration and planning
- Proficient in scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, various shell scripts/Makefiles, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA design and FPGA tools.
- Competitive personality-driven to win, ethically, in competitive business situations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and deliver product demos, live via the internet, or recorded
- Ability to create and deliver product presentations focused on functionality and value differentiation
- IT Certifications such as N+, CCNP, RHCE, and SCE are strongly preferred
- Server hardware integration – experience with custom hardware
- Experience with Emulation design
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors, and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the courts address the issue. We will monitor the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to comply with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and following accommodations based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.