Siemens Healthineers is building tomorrow’s talent. Shape the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers;
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified company® in Canada for 2020-2021, 2021 Best Workplaces in Ontario™, and 2021 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women.
As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications, digital services and clinical Point of Care diagnostic products, that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada stands for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. Our 800 employees in Canada located across Canada and 54,000 worldwide, work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
The Head of Project Management Operations is a position with national scope and will require approx. 25% travel within Canada, with the occasional business trip to the US and/or Europe.
The Head of Project Management Operations will have significant interaction and collaboration internally with Management, Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service and Business Management and Siemens factories, externally with customers and 3rd party suppliers.
The Head of Project Management Operations will have two main responsibilities:
(1) Lead the National Team of Project Managers, Project Planners and Project Coordinators
(2) Own the Revenue Forecast process for Canada.
- Leads and Inspires the Project Management team
- Manages performance management process and associated development plans of the team
- Develops and guides project/program solution plans for very complex projects or programs.
- Guides continuous improvement plans and project/program expansion opportunities.
- Guides the project/program management role (definition of schedule, budget, projects risk management, change management, opportunity and resource allocation management) for very complex projects or programs.
- Provide direct leadership and strategic account/market focus for assigned Project Managers with accountability for the entire implementation and installation process of Siemens Healthineers equipment including clinical training for first clinical use.
- Implements and manages developmental plans for employees’ performance and career goals, providing timely, direct and honest feedback on employees’ current strengths, as well as areas that need improvement. Develops candidates for additional responsibility/promotion.
- Manages client relationships, resolve projects related issues professionally and amicably
- Provides technical design guidance for projects or programs.
- Develops, monitors and manages departmental budgets, costs and/or business plans for a small to mid-size department or business unit.
- Identifies resource needs and develops justification.
- Recommends/ determines organizational structures for own department
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Effectively controlling Projects costs, Non-Conformance costs and inventory management
- Troubleshoots and resolves very complex problems.
- Continuously innovates to enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods.
- Responsible for coaching and training the zone PM’s on Customer Journey mapping, integrated reporting, project methodologies
- Role is subject to broad practices and procedures covered by functional precedents and policies
· Continuously monitor all projects as reported weekly via BRIDGE and SAP to achieve company's business objectives.
- Responsible for the revenue element of the Canadian Sales Forecast
- Owns, develops and implements the revenue forecast process (for example: checklist, established touch points between departments, etc.)
- Develop resource plans linked to revenue forecasts, that not only cover their own resources, but also the partner resources like transportation companies, Mechanical Installation Vendors, Customer Service Engineers and application specialist in their zone
- Pro-actively coordinates internally with Management, Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service, Business Management and Siemens factories and externally with Customers and suppliers to ensure a robust revenue forecast process in place and organization goals achieved.
- Develops and implements revenue forecast mitigation measures, KPIs and actions to honor forecasting commitments
- Adapts team incentive plans to best drive desired behaviors
- Reports revenue forecast to Management and various stake holders on a consistent basis
- Possesses deep knowledge of project status, driving revenue forecast and is the Key Go to person on this topic
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree relevant to Siemens Healthcare.
- Extensive experience (> 10 yrs) preferably in the medical device (Imaging) industry
- Project Management experience (> 5yrs) in the healthcare industry is a definite asset
- PMI Certification a definite asset.
- Strong and Effective Leadership Skills
- High degree of Financial Acumen and understanding of finance concepts
- Effective conflict resolution skills, as the role encompasses interaction with a large number of inside and outside stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills. A team player must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality. The ability to balance a process-driven approach while generating innovative ideas is imperative
- Strong background in a customer focused environment.
- Strong analytical skills to deal with complex business issues
- Highly competent in computer applications, MS Excel, Power Point etc.
- Knowledge of Siemens Processes & Tools would be an added advantage
- Strong people management and people development capabilities with ability to manage and lead change in dynamic environment.
- Consistent track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
- Strong work ethic and committed to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality
- English (oral and written) is required; French would be an asset
- Travel approx 25%
Throughout the pandemic, Siemens Healthineers has relied on facts from public health experts to make informed decisions about protecting our workforce and keeping our sites safe. Recently, Siemens Healthineers announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. As you advance through our selection process, we would like to highlight a few components of a new policy that you should be aware of prior to joining our organization.
Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine by Friday, October 15, 2021.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.