We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Architecture & Verification of Intelligent Systems research group! The right person has a strong background in software engineering and software architecture, is motivated to work with industrial use cases across industries and driven to make a difference.
Siemens Technology has a unique opportunity to participate in industrial software development and research project across industries, including factory automation, mobility applications, smart grids, and building automation, making for an exciting and challenging environment! We work on making trains safer, factory production faster, and buildings smarter – join us here at our Princeton, NJ, location.
The role requires:
- A self-motivated and inquisitive researcher / developer, who is happy to investigate new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- An individual who can liaise with business units, and researchers across Siemens Technology globally to understand the industrial use case requirements, able to derive requirements from vague problem statements.
- An individual who can design and implement prototype architectures.
- Someone with knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about the internal architecture of cloud and container systems, including orchestration and scheduling.
- Someone who is happy to create publications and presentations for internal and external conferences.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in systematic software engineering; contributions to open-source projects or student projects would be preferred.
- Strong, hands-on coding experience e.g., C++, C#, Java, Rust, Python, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud-based applications, using public providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and container orchestration technology.
- Experience with Hypervisors and virtual machines would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive, curious, and independent work attitude and personality.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.