This position is based in the New Kensington, PA office and collaborates with the Head of Strategic Procurement in New Kensington’s Large Drives business unit. This position is an individual contributor.Responsibilities:
- Early Procurement Involvement: Be actively involved in the product development/ manufacturing process and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, Cost Value Engineering, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the essential functions. Closely align with R&D/ Engineering community, Commodity Managers, Buyers
- Early Supplier Integration: Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/products.
- Analysis: Conduct and provide market information/ analysis on relevant global technologies and price trends in order to develop new competent suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
- Alignment of Technology Roadmaps: Introduce and follow up given multi-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
- Strategy alignment: Support activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
- Strategy deployment: Drive sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological knowhow and safeguard security strategies.
- Business support: Provide feedback for supplier quotes optimization, BoM assessment, lead time reduction and timely improvement.
- Supplier Management: Develop suppliers from the engineering standpoint (if vital, jointly with interface partners), conduct suppliers audit and support SQM/ SQC initiatives of suppliers.
- Knowledge management: Participate in workgroups in order to stay informed and keep others informed and exert influence from an early stage.
- Experience in mechanical design and manufacturing
- 3+ years’ experience in technical procurement and global sourcing
- Skilled in supplier interfacing, communication with supplier and project management
- Ability to understand product/ component design and discuss it with suppliers to optimize for manufacture
- Graduate in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to analyze material cost breakdowns and accuracy based on market values through strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Sophisticated technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
- Experience of sophisticated problem resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Global approach & good networking skills
- Self-determined and results oriented, strategic, proactive and great teammate with the aim to implement changes
- Ability to travel 5-10%
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.