Yunex Traffic: A Siemens Business who is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking technology that meets tomorrow's needs. We at Yunex Traffic help make public agencies more intuitive by providing a path to a digital transportation ecosystem, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Sophisticated Traffic Management System (ATMS), Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service.
The Solution Architect is responsible for system architecting and technical engineering decisions in their domain including the joint management of the products and underlying technologies (alongside Product Management) used within the Enforcement Product portfolio.
You will also be responsible for securing resources and management of both R&D and customer projects within the Enforcement area to ensure they are completed within Time, Quality & Costs constraints.
The role requires working among a team of highly qualified Traffic Enforcement specialists to deliver and support standard products and systems, deploying these to customers with some degree of customization
Working with the Head of Enforcement you will be encouraged to provide regular project updates, operate in a multifaceted environment and be able to travel throughout the United States.
You will establish effective relationships with the wider Yunex Traffic Project Delivery and Product Support teams within the Yunex Traffic business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.What are the requirements for this position:
- Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers
- SPOC for technical questions on the design and development of Enforcement solution concepts and incl. Solution architectures along with the creation of design specifications for the cloud platform.
- Evaluate, identify and define potential interfaces for solution components.
- Ability to estimate sophisticated solutions, provide response to RFPs and RFQs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaboration with solution partners.
- Be responsible for the software development (Web/Mobile and Embedded) until the handover to customers to ensure a stable and scalable use of the solution in productive use.
- Observe the Enforcement market for optimization of sophisticated solutions and the development of new applications.
- Expertise in (connectivity) communication protocols.
- Expertise in Video based Enforcement products & solutions
- Exhibit high level of mentorship and be the process owner.
- Identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BS/BA in related STEM subject area / demonstrable experience in a similar professional role with > demonstrated ability
- Experience in crafting sophisticated software architectures, solutioning down to the detail with domain expertise.
- Aware of modern software technologies like Cloud, Big Data, .NET, JAVA, Containerization, Orchestration, Streaming platforms, Analytics, CI CD, Security and development tools like Jira, MS TFS, GitLab, etc.
- Practice agile development methods (e.g., SCRUM).
- In-depth knowledge of relational / non-relational database architectures (e.g., MS-SQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
- Experience in the conception of digital projects and design of solutions including Backend connection and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of SOA.
- Highly desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Highly desirable – Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
- Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
- Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
- Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.#li-eb
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.