Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared ITS infrastructure, they are also looking at ways to handle existing infrastructure, including highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings that continue to be hotspots for congestion. At Siemens, we make life better for people, and we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American and Canadian drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently. As a System Test Specialist, you will be personally giving to the future by joining an R&D embedded systems team that realizes product innovation and develops our nation’s infrastructure. Our traffic controllers, road-side units, and other devices support the sophisticated decision-making tasks to control and optimize the flow of traffic and travel times. What you will be doing:Requirements:
Understand the end user and execution environment of our devices, gather expectations from industry standards, and craft the product test procedures for compliance and acceptance
▪ Design: Craft high level test strategy, design test methodologies, review other’s input and build a useful test plan that is in line with industry and company needs
▪ Implementation: Set up hardware and electronic test environments and supervising systems (e.g. signal logic analyzer, monitoring and evaluation software) to ensure readiness for system test activities
▪ Testing accurate: Build test plans and perform setup, I/O validation, system and environmental testing, crafting test report for product management
▪ Innovation: Conceptualise and build new concepts to solve old problems, find innovative ways to develop test fixtures, procedures, and methodologies in terms of reliability, adaptability, testability, maintainability, etc.
▪ Teamwork: Engage with colleagues across the globe as part of an agile embedded software team. Lead by example and excel with a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
▪ Delivery: Deliver test results on time and on budget by identifying risk areas and developing/performing creative risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
▪ Problem Solving: Support identifying and resolving issues that arise in system testing Who you are/ what you know:
▪ 5+ years of proven experience performing system testing in an industrial environment
▪ Solid understanding in testing electronics, hardware, and software incl. typical caveats that apply
▪ Shown multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
▪ Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
▪ Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
▪ Creative thinking and innovation skills to define innovative approaches to issues
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.#li-eb1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.