>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure
As a National Business Manager for Siemens Automation, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build market share and adoption of the Automation Portfolio Strategy in our Siemens Field Offices in the US.
National Business Managers oversee the implementation of the Siemens Regional Service and Solutions (RSS) portfolio business plans and strategies for assigned Zones and Branches, acting as consultants and trusted advisors to the Field. Work with enterprise and local sales and management staff to increase market share, develop new markets, improve productivity and enhance local sales team performance.
- Reports directly to the Siemens RSS Americas Head of Automation
- Supports and Provides vision and leadership for assigned Zone/Branch(s) development
- Develops a complete understanding of organization structure and local buying influences and ensures the successful development and implementation of Zone and Branch sales strategic and tactical plans
- Participates when appropriate, face to face calls, assesses needs and participates in presentations to educate customers on Siemens products and services
- Assists with the annual growth planning process to develop comprehensive branch business plans including appropriate actions required to ensure achievement of growth targets
- Acts as a liaison between corporate teams, the product organization, and Zone/Branch locations for resource sharing and team selling
- Collaborates with marketing, Siemens Building Product business (BP), finance, operations, business segments, and others to develop customer offerings that differentiate Siemens from competitors within the Zone/Branch markets
- Manages offerings rollouts including marketing tools and collateral in coordination with Zone Vice President (ZVP)
- Advises management and coaches, counsels and trains sales personnel on performance and development needs
- Mentors and supports sales teams and individuals with customer presentations, proposal development including pricing and product/service mix, RFP responses and sales/marketing plans, particularly large target or key account sales activities when appropriate
- Attends select Zone and Branch sales meetings
- Expands networking contacts with key national and regional trade/industry organizations and companies related to the focused business line, enhance customer relationships, and maintain current knowledge in business line products and services
- Leads the Growth initiative in zones assigned and reports progress on a determined schedule
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Minimum 10 years of experience with comprehensive knowledge of the Automation business and at least 5 years managing/coaching sales teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated ability to deliver financial results and secure results in a matrix environment without direct daily managerial control
- Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a complex sales process
- Skilled in coaching others on sales improvement opportunities, financing concepts, contractual techniques, sales skills development and business/sales strategy and plan implementation
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills are required
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel 40% to 70%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.