Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for 2 x Construction / Site Managers for our Rail Infrastructure business. You will represent the SISS Construction Team (Station Information and Security Systems) within a project, managing the installation and testing of station-based CCTV, CIS, PA and other station customer servicing systems. You will also ensure the delivery of works to program and budget ensuring Zero Harm approach throughout.
You will be working within the project team to ensure the timely delivery of installations works completed to the required standards and adhering to the NR Rule Book, Siemens methodologies, processes and procedures.
This role will be site independent and you will be travelling across multiple project sites in the UK to carry out this role. The majority of sites you will travel to are based in the south throughout London, Sussex and Kent, although there will be the need to travel to other sites in the UK as the projects require. As well as this, you will be required to travel to Ashby De La Zouch a few times each month for project progress meetings with the teams. To allow for this travel, there will be a company car entitlement allocated to this role.
- Site Manager has a responsibility for ensuring all works on site are carried out safely.
- Ensure all team members comply with the requirements of the project, adhering to site rules detailed in the QEHS documentation, inductions & briefings.
- Ensure the timely briefing of installation methodologies, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheet and associated generic methodologies.
- Manage team deployments so as all permits are in place prior to any works commencing.
- Ensure all team members have a good understanding of the emergency procedures and their requirements on reporting incidents and accidents.
- Ensure the work site is kept clean & tidy at all times.
- Ensure the reporting of all site visits to the project team.
- Understanding of project scope.
- Understanding of how the project was priced – cost management.
- Ensure all deployments are accompanied by a completed Authority to Work Form and Role Description.
- Manage deployments so as site construction documentation is present, adequately covers the works being undertaken and is current.
- Ensure processes requiring the completion of site documentation are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure adequate records are maintained for all third party resource deployed with teams under SM control.
- Ensure progress is tracked and monitored with a record of status available for review.
- Maintain records of all materials used and procured.
- Ensure deviations from design are accompanied by a record of CRE approval (RFI) prior to implementation.
- Ensure all deviations from design are recorded and returned to the project office in the form of Red-lined drawings.
- Ensure ongoing review of progress against program (also see above).
- Ensure works are completed in line with program.
- Ensure good communication with line management and other project teams to ensure a common understanding of site status.
- Plan material deliveries in line with project requirement.
- Manage customer interface, progress updates and site liaisons at a ground level.
- Promote a right first time approach to all works.
- Control the quality of all works removing the need for site revisits.
- Manage the inspection of all works and ensure observations are cleared prior to site demobilisation.
- Monitor the quality and condition of equipment delivered to site.
- Ensure the capture and maintenance of photographic record of completed work.
- Supply weekly updates on general progress to Installation Manager.
- Supply weekend working report prior to and following works.
- Supply fatigue data as requested by Site Support.
- Ensure any delays are reported to your Line and Project Manager.
- Ensure good communications with other teams guaranteeing a common understanding of site status.
- Ensure workbooks are maintained and regularly updated
- Ensure the timely reporting of any incidents in line with company and project processes.
- Monitor and ensure a good appreciation of material requirement against project program.
- Provide advanced warning of possible material issues in order to avoid disruption to program.
- Ensure all materials are fit for purpose and in line with design information.
- Control material usage to ensure a minimum level of waste.
- Manage the storage of materials limiting the unwanted presence of materials on site prior to use.
- Ensure all waste materials are disposed of and recorded in line with project processes.
- Maintain accurate data on removed or stored redundant equipment.
- Ensure no deviations from designs are implemented prior to approval from the correct authority.
- Inform installation teams of all design deviations prior to commencement of their works.
- Utilise the RFI process by the recording instructions to deviate from design and the detail of such deviations prior to their implementation.
What Skills and qualifications do I need?
Qualifications - preferred but not essential:
- City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition
- CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations 2015 Awareness
- IOSH Managing Safely
- COSS (Controller of Site Safety) SWL (Safe Work Leader)
Experience / Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of managing teams in a rail station environment (essential)
- Experience of DOO (Driver Only Operated) Installation and Commissioning
- CCTV, PA, CIS system installation, configuration and commissioning experience
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience in writing methodologies (WPP’s TBS etc)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time