Siemens Digital Industry Software Division has a job opening for a Support Engineer in the Manufacturing
Operations Management (MOM) group.
The Support Engineer Position will represent MOM / MES Support in North America by guiding customers in identifying and solving software and product issues. This is a technical role that interacts with enterprise level customers to isolate and solve complex Manufacturing Execution System (MES) issues. Experience in the field of Medical Device or Semiconductor manufacturing is a plus. The Support Engineer will apply moderate skills of MES software and supporting technologies to investigate and resolve problems by making use of problem-solving skills and tools. They will be responsible for setting customer expectations, identifying, isolating, and providing solutions for problems.
They will regularly exercise discretion & judgment during customer consultations to assess issues and, when necessary, engage with colleagues across multiple departments. Responsible for knowledge share demonstrations to peers and customers. The Support
Engineer works with general supervision on issues to competently resolve customer issues. This position requires excellent communication skills, Strong team player, attention to detail and a strong desire to be a team contributor and learn and grow within he siemens organization.
- Perform customer support case management via web and phone communications
- Work within a team environment to monitor customers issues, perform triage, troubleshooting and escalation routing as necessary.
- Provide customer assistance in a professional and efficient manner, adhering to well established process and practice procedures
- Partake in knowledge sharing activities, publishing knowledge base articles, providing technical presentations, reviewing documentation
- Manage virtual environments to troubleshoot multiple customer issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years working in a customer-facing support role
- Excellent communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- Microsoft Windows Server, Networking fundamentals, SQL Server (Admin, Queries), IIS Web Server, .NET Framework, Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Web client development experience, understanding of Object-Oriented programming model - Intermediate
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Technology.
- Previous experience with implementing Enterprise PLM, ERP or MES systems.
Preferred location: Mexico City
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time