Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Software Engineer (m/f/d) Digital Image Chain / Medical Imaging to develop software for our digital image chain that creates sustainable solutions for customer requirements.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will work in an international team and implement software for our digital image chain; this software will help physicians and clinicians to make decisions during treatment
- You will develop sustainable solution concepts for customer requirements, and expand and continue to improve the software architecture, design and system interfaces; the aim is to set up the software consistently to support continuous integration and deployment
- You will pragmatically drive forward the concepts, specification, and implementation of modular, performance optimized solutions
- You will assess the technical feasibility and the implementation efforts, e.g. by prototyping alternatives
- You will work together across agile teams with multiple experts and will help to set up and present sustainable solutions for the design and architecture of the overall system, for example in quarterly agile reviews
- You actively expand your knowledge of the latest technologies and standards, and you will bring forward your innovative ideas for continuous improvement of our solutions and processes
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed a master's degree in computer science, information technology or electrical engineering
- You have several years of professional experience as a software developer
- Alternatively, you have a bachelor’s degree with long-term professional experience as mentioned above or a doctorate in this field
- You have sound knowledge of software design methods and related processes, with successful product implementations
- You are proficient in OOA/OOD, design patterns and the C++ programming language; knowledge and practical experience of the C# programming language would also be desirable
- You have good knowledge of multi-process and multi-thread software systems in a large-scale environment using the Windows operating system
- You are familiar with the methods involved in structured software tests at unit and component levels, for example test-driven development
- Ideally you are familiar with standards and regulatory requirements in the field of medical technology
Your attributes and skills:
- You communicate fluently in English in order to operate successfully in an international environment; good knowledge of German would be an advantage
- On a personal level, you are an excellent coach with strong decision-making skills and a results-oriented approach underpinned by high quality standards
- You enjoy the challenge of complying with the Clean Code principles and implementing sustainable solutions
- Your outstanding communication skills enable you to find acceptable solutions for all stakeholders
- Based on your convincing personal skills as well as your technological know-how, you can work as a multiplier for the team, thus contributing to the team's continuous improvement
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time