Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a key role within Mechanical Engineering, responsible for developing and implementing designs for new mechanical subsystems used in medical devices. Candidate will: support R&D for new and improving products; support in creating designs with robustness, performance, and SPC as a KPI’s; support management of product lifecycle through our Siemens CRB process; participate in troubleshooting and determining root cause for issues found in verification; participate in the set based design process; conceptualize and design solutions for specific engineering challenges; produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and GEO best practices; adopt and execute an ownership culture. This Product Engineer 2 role will work with Manufacturing, Procurement, Suppliers, Service, and Quality to come up with novel and inventive solutions for cost effective mechanical subsystems and assemblies.
• Work within a cross-functional team to develop quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost mechanical designs.
• Conceptualize and design solutions
• Produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and GEO best practices
• Perform all verification activities and document to the test results for knowledge transfer
• Drive Engineering excellence by executing and participating in Siemens Center of Excellence activities and Design to Shelf initiatives (DFSS, Set Based Design, Logical Decision making, Creating Knowledge briefs, etc…).
• Participates in the preparation of semi-complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
• Supports cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
• Work with Suppliers to address technical issues with designs.
• Support Engineering changes through the Siemens design change process (CRB).
• Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility
• Support detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
• Design of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded parts as well as mechanisms and assemblies.
• Participate in drafting and design reviews with a cross-functional team.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (master’s degree a plus)
• 3-5 years of industry experience in product design, development, and manufacturing with technical background in mechanical assemblies that are related to motion control and structures
• Must have proficiency in NX CAD design software
• Must have experience with motion control with magnet carrier with linear motor systems
• GD&T skills and the ability to perform tolerance stack-ups on complex assemblies.
• Proficient with Scrum agile system preferred
• Experience working with suppliers of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded mechanical parts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
• FEA and CFD software experience a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 standards
• Experience with processes FMEA and DFMA
• Travel: 5-10%
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.