Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Gas Turbine - Core engine Product Development Engineer (Experienced)
Energy, Siemens Limited India is seeking a responsible, professional, and self-motivated individual to fill a position in Gas Turbine department In Gurgaon, India as “Gas Turbine – Core engine Product Development Engineer”.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support of the gas turbine research and development team to develop the next turbine generation within a quickly changing global energy market
- Creation of technical offers for new unit gas turbines as well as modernizations and upgrades with focus on core engine hardware
- Analysis of technical risks related to design changes
- Communication within the engineering and service to define required hardware scope on a site-specific basis within defined boundary conditions
- Product development support for component engineering
- Creation of drawings in 3D CAD Software (Preferred in NX or Creo)
- Creation of material masters and bill of materials in SAP
- Creation of upgrade documentation in PCM-System (Bsols)
- Support of COE projects for first time applications with technical product documentation
- Analysis of power plant data to derive appropriate upgrade products for this engine
- Support testing preparation and field validation including testing on customer sites.
- Lead and facilitate fast resolution of technical issues of upgraded engines. This includes evaluation of a root cause, solution development and implementation followed by verification/validation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- • Master’s degree from recognized university in Mechanical. Materials or Aerospace Engineering
- • More than 6 years of experience in gas turbine, aerospace or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
- • Excellent working knowledge of the design and operation of gas turbines incl. thermodynamic understanding
- • Advanced skills in MS-Office, NX and/or Creo CAD Software, SAP, Teamcenter and PCM documentation, VBA Programming
- • Strong project management experience and drive; demonstrated ability to receive a development target and drive it to completion.
- • Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills.
- • Be comfortable working on different development projects, with colleagues in multiple time zones.
- • Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- • Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
- • Proven examples of proactive leadership and initiative.
- • Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles and tools
- • Willingness to travel abroad
- • Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time