>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Data Center Vertical Portfolio Manager, Americas. Responsible for the strategy and planning of incorporating Siemens portfolio solutions into the Data Center market. This person will partner with global for strategy alignment, ID portfolio gaps, needs and support the field sales training and development. This person will also support and align with the needs of marketing to ensure proper positioning, manage an application engineering resource to support the field and guide any portfolio launch and/or adoption.
Directs all activities and program elements to include:
- Develops, manages, sustains, and coordinates entire portfolio lifecycle for the Data Center Vertical Market
- Identifies, prioritizes, develops, and maintains a pipeline of products, services, and solution sets to achieve business targets, market differentiation and competitiveness. A Solution Set is a grouped offering of Siemens (and non-Siemens) products, services and integration strategies assembled to address the key requirements in a targeted area of a customer’s operation. These requirements may be related to a specific technology, operational efficiency, regulations, quality, safety issues, etc. These requirements may need to be defined and prioritized for external or internal product suppliers and stakeholders. In addition, providing input to the roadmaps for these product suppliers is essential.
- Leads and drives development of comprehensive market packages / programs for assigned products / services / solutions sets (existing and future) using standard processes and staying within boundary conditions including schedule, requirements, resources, and budget. A Market Package consists of everything sales and operations, needs to sell, deliver, and support the product, service, or solution set. It includes training, customer presentations, technical guides, and many other potential deliverables.
- In conjunction with Strategy & Marketing, establishes impactful go-to-market strategies which will include analysis of the market, customer businesses / operations, competitors’ share, advantages, and weaknesses.
- In conjunction with the applicable business segments, leads the development of effective rollout material and ongoing training content. Tracks results, conducts ongoing maintenance, evaluations, and makes adjustments / modifications / enhancements / retirements as needed.
- In conjunction with Marketing Communications and alignment with communications strategy, identifies, and executes an internal and external communications plan. This includes the intranet, internet, notification to the field, lead generation, and promotion to customers and prospects.
- Supports the applicable business segments and Field - on an as needed basis - to help them drive orders and reach business goals.
- In conjunction with the applicable business segment, develops, executes, and monitors annual business plan and targets for each Solution Set to ensure business sales and profit objectives are achieved.
- Provides consistent and timely communications to the organization with information pertaining to product / service / solution set benefits, functionality as well as competitive information.
- Improves product / service / solution set marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities through selection of new product / service / solution set opportunities.
- Works with Strategy & Marketing colleagues to obtain detailed market information.
- Selects and leads cross functional product / service / solutions set development teams.
- Assists in implementing product / service / solution set pricing based on competitive analysis and corporate profit goals
- Sustains rapport with key vendors/partners by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Sustains rapport with sales organization champions and key customers by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Candidate must be highly motivated, very focused, and comfortable with operating in a process-driven environment with strong reporting matrixes.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Engineering, advanced degree preferred, with 3-5 years of experience in product/portfolio management
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy; previous experience in the field of energy management (energy reduction, production, procurement) preferred
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications
- Strong customer focus; ability to develop customer specific value propositions
- Strong program / project management skills with excellent communications skills
- Big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality; highly creative
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- 10% travel required
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States with out need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Reports to the Head of Data Center, Americas and interacts with the National Sales Manager, field sales, marketing as well as senior management teams.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
This job may be based in Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is 122K-166K and the annual incentive target is 15% of base salary.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.