Join our SI team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
We are seeking a self-motived Product Manager to own the comprehensive Siemens EA OEM portfolio, which includes medium-voltage breakers, medium-voltage contactors, medium-voltage vacuum interrupters.
The Product Manager will develop, implement, and monitor the portfolios R&D roadmap and go-to-market strategy by leveraging market trends, sales force feedback, competitor offering and customer requirements. In addition to strategy, the Product Manager will be responsible for defining, executing, and achieving both short-term and long-term financial objectives for the portfolio within the United States. The Product Manager will be the steward of the portfolio and will be accountable for achieving financial targets as defined. The Product Manager will coordinate and monitor development of new offering from concept to launch.
Additionally, the Product Manager will support sales and business development personnel to provide advanced and comprehensive technical application assistance for key sales opportunities. Experience in working with customers in varied market verticals around power distribution is important. Comprehensive knowledge of power distribution and sub-distribution networks, and system protection are required. Excellent analytical skills are a must. A culture of ownership and the ability to collaborate and effectively communicate across business functions and business units will be essential for success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- 5-10 years business development, engineering, product management or field services experience related to medium voltage power distribution equipment. Preference given to direct experience with channel partner solutions.
- Good understanding of utility, construction and industrial operations and channels to market.
- Experience with strategy development, business plan creation and presentation, forecasting and order management.
- Ability to interpret and communicate results to varying levels from executive management, sales, operations, as well as customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate expectation, provide clear and honest feedback, and identify areas for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership experience capable of driving organization to meet goals, motivate cross functional teams through challenges, and provide support to excel.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Background is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time including some international travel.
Self-motivated with customer orientation and clear growth and entrepreneurial mind-set
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, dental benefits, and much more.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.