*** $1000 Sign On Bonus ***
Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking to fill full time Baggage Handling Floor Support position in support of the team located at the San Diego, California location. This position requires experience and knowledge in the responsibilities as outlined.
The Baggage Handling Floor Support position will provide general and specialized support under the supervision of Manager or Shift Supervisor to maintain the operation of the Baggage Handling systems. The position will be responsible for safely clearing bag jams if and when they occur, assisting technicians with mechanical and electrical repairs when needed, manually move baggage during system outages, manually encode bag tags when needed, perform general clean-up of work areas and conveyor equipment and monitor and assist the flow of baggage through critical areas of the system.
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to:
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
Required Skills / Education:
• Good communication and customer service skills required
• Must be available to work scheduled shift (s), which may require work at night, weekends and holidays as required.
• Attention to detail is very important, teamwork and the ability to perform under pressure and provide excellent client service.
• Driver license with clean MVR highly desirable.
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.