At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Are you looking for a software product team where you can learn how market-leading engineering applications are created? As a Software Engineer in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing NX, our best-in-class CAD software! Projects will focus on Architecture and User Interface (UI) Tools development. You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from engineers experienced in NX and push the limits on our project teams.Key responsibilities
- Design, implement, improve, and maintain software as a member of the Architecture team for a large CAD application, Siemens NX.
- Build tools and services to be used by all NX applications to ensure a common user experience across applications and platforms, including desktop and web.
- Create toolkits for application user interfaces. Examples: menus, ribbons, dialogues, appearance, customization. New technology investigation, innovation, and integration. Examples are virtual and augmented reality, cloud architecture, user interface, and new input paradigms.
- Collaborate with the product owners, support engineers and the content team to develop all aspects of the product experience from a technical perspective.
- Develop projects with efficient algorithms and groundbreaking technology.
- Use object-oriented / structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is useful and the architecture is maintainable, modular, encapsulated, and expandable.
- Maintain abilities by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Chip in as a team member in setting future direction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Knowledgeable in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- Strong coding skills in C++ or another object-oriented language
- Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of sophisticated data structures.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
- Ability to communicate optimally both verbally and written.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
It would be desirable if the candidate has experience in any of the following:
- Experience with Windows UI API, QT, MFC or other platform UI desktop frameworks
- Experience with cross-platform development
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.