We are Siemens
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Tessent Embedded Analytics, part of Siemens EDA, is a pioneering developer of analytics and monitoring technology at the heart of the systems-on-chip (SoCs) that power today’s electronic products. Our embedded analytics technology allows product designers to add sophisticated cybersecurity, functional safety and performance tuning features; and it helps resolve critical issues such as increasing system complexity and ever- decreasing time-to-market. We are proud of our technology and selling globally to many of the most respected and most exciting technology companies in the world.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U
What we're looking for
Do you have experience of scripting in Python, specifically in automated test? We are looking for a Software Test Engineer who can implement automated tests for a huge range of environments, from embedded systems using Pytest to GUIs with Squish and websites with Selenium. If you can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position and would relish the opportunity help shape the development of Tessent EA’s ground-breaking silicon IP then we would love to meet you!
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate so if you are debating whether to apply, we would encourage you to do so!
What you'll be doing
- Conducting feasibility and functional requirements studies for the automation of test routines and software programs with a focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery
- Developing test programs based on R&D released test and verification diagnostics
- Planning, documenting and implementing product tests and verifications
- Performing testing engineering services for the diagnosis of software and/or emulation hardware functional failures to identify root cause of failure and actions for repair
- Collaborating on product design & development of HW and SW products based on testing results
- Ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism
What you'll bring
- Automated and manual software test experience
- Programming skills in Python
- Experience with testing frameworks, preferably Pytest, Squish or Selenium
- Ability to configure and maintain both Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with Continued Integration practices and SDLC
- Knowledge of version control systems, preferably Git and GitLab
Nice to have
- Experience of writing Jenkins pipelines in Groovy
- Basics of Django development
- C/C++, cmake, make and CPPUnit
- Experience with automating hardware tests ideally using FPGA boards
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time