The Traffic Signal Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, and ongoing operation of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) electrical equipment. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal, streetlight, and ITS electrical equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.Responsibilities include:
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide variety of electrical components and devices, such as traffic signal and street lighting equipment.
- Performs repair, removal, and replacement of traffic signal controllers and other equipment.
- Set’s up traffic control in high and low speed environments.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring for streetlights and traffic signals.
- Completes reports and performs communications in accordance with company policy and local practices.
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Troubleshoots and Isolates of faults in units or components
- Field test of electrical components; tests devices to ensure they work accurately.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as an Electrician.
- Applicants must possess a valid master’s electrical license in the State of Texas.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, traffic signal plans/specifications and procedure manuals.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights
- Need to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam
- May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete tasks in a fast paced environment
Desired Skills& Experience:
- Local Traffic Control certification (i.e. MOT, IMSA Work Zone Safety, etc.).
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal certification is not initially required but will be required following the first year of employment. Siemens will pay for training and testing.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing CCTV and MVDS units and DMS signs.
- Component level board repair experience.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.#li-eb1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.