Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Real Time Location Engine
Building Robotics Inc is a trailblazing Silicon Valley company in Smart Buildings and IoT. We're looking for the brightest minds to join our team as we build end-to-end IoT solutions from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications. One of our core missions is to help our customers meet their sustainability challenges. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. Once deployed in commercial buildings, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications such as space utilization, traffic flow, asset tracking, and air quality monitoring, allowing customers to gain insights into how their buildings and assets are being used.
Building Robotics is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a Silicon Valley start-up with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. You will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approximately 4,300 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will work on our next-generation Real Time Location Engine, which feeds on the data produced by our cutting edge IoT sensors deployed at scale in smart hospitals, state-of-the-art manufacturing buildings, cool offices, to name a few. Our real-time location services (RTLS) stack has machine learning at its heart, and together with other algorithms provides indoor localization at scale.
Having successfully deployed the first generation of our products, we are putting together teams to build the next generation to address a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases such as real-time location, wayfinding, occupancy analytics, room booking, access control, and visitor management. Simultaneously, we are aggressively growing our user base, with some of our largest-ever deployments currently in flight.
We value clean architecture and modern approaches to software development and testing. Our products consist of cloud/edge micro-services and modern web and mobile applications. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. This is the ideal role for someone who's ready to move their career to the next level in terms of technical influence and scope of impact.
- You love building and deploying great software that makes your team and customers happy.
- You love elegant, well-structured CI/CD pipelines which you develop using infrastructure-as-code.
- You have experience managing environments with modern cloud infrastructure
- You are hands-on and you learn by doing. You are eager to roll up your sleeves to learn about a new orchestration tool or deployment architecture, debug and write code.
- You are curious and passionate about solving customer problems and pride yourself in taking ownership of the deployment of the product.
- You strive for quality, automation, reliability/availability, security, maintainability, all the landmarks of enterprise-grade software development.
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring tools
- But it's more than that: you'll deploy our product first-hand in our own labs and demo sites across the world and make it scalable in any environment – cloud, edge, or hybrid.
Your Skills and Experience
- Possess 5+ years of industry experience deploying commercial user-facing applications
- Expertise in containers and container deployment/orchestration technologies
- Expertise in cloud services and infrastructure provisioning using infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Expertise in Linux operating systems fundamentals and deployment environments
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in configuring and securing databases such as PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in observability technologies to provide application and infrastructure monitoring
- Experience in basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer, and firewall configurations
- Experience in automating a secure development life cycle (SDLC)
- You have a basic knowledge of software development fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
Bonus Points For
- Experience with ML Ops/Data Science pipelines for data labelling, model training or inference
- Experience with deploying python-based applications at scale
- Experience in the IoT domain
Technologies We Use: Docker/Kubernetes | AWS | Docker | Datadog | Gitlab CI/CD | Python | TensorFlow | Shell Scripting | Terraform | PostgreSQL | MongoDB | Kafka |Redis | MLflow
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salaries
- Frequent team events
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Siemens Building Robotics Inc., we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.